Friday, April 27, 2012

Very slow progress!

Well, it's been a long time since I blogged - most of my online sharing has been via Facebook since my little girl was born. But there is a craft bloggers' convention right here in Canberra in June which I'd love to attend, so here I am, reactivating my blog at long last!


I have been working on this as my only 'active' cross stitch WIP for over 4 years now. In a good quarter, I get a few hour's work done on it. In a bad quarter, I don't even get it out.

It's worked over-one and coming up nicely, but I really wish I'd used a larger piece of fabric.

The border alternates between a block of 4 xs in one thread and an eyelet in a variegated silk. It's been hard to find a fast way to work it but about 1/3 of the way around I finally just went ahead and did all the crosses and am now following back through with the eyelets.

I'm visiting the people I am making this for in mid May, so perhaps now is the time to really get it moving! I'd love to be able to deliver it in person instead of mailing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment